The Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships are competitive, merit-based, Australian Government-based scholarships
providing opportunities for Australians to study, research or professional development abroad and for the
people of the country to do the same in Australia.
The Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships aim to build Australia’s reputation for excellence in educational provision and
research, support the internationalization of Australia’s higher education and research sectors and offer ambitions
opportunities for overseas and Australian people to increase productivity and expertise in their field.
Endeavor Scholarships and Fellowships aims to provide individuals with excellent learning
opportunities that contribute to Australia’s position as a world leader in education and research. The program supports
Australia’s First National Strategy for International Education which sets out a year 10 plan to develop Australia’s role as an
international leader in education, training and research.
All recipients will receive:
- travel allowance: $ 3,000 (preparation to pay up to $ 4,500 in certain circumstances)
- foundation allowance: $ 2,000 (fellowships) or $ 4,000 (scholarships)
- monthly salary: $ 3,000 (paid to the maximum of the department on a pro-rata basis) *
- region-wide health insurance (OSHC for international recipients)
- travel insurance (except in the program for international recipients)
Tuition Fees : Endeavor scholarship recipients will receive tuition fees paid up to the maximum level of research / research
followed on a pro-rata basis. Tuition includes student service fees and facilities.
To be eligible for an Endeavor Scholarship or companion, applicants must:
- be aged 18 or over at the start of their program
- be a citizen and / or reside in a participating country (section 8)
- they will start their proposed program after 1 January 2018 and no later than 30 November 2018. Applicants who have
if they have not already started or will start the program planned before 2018 implementation
- provide all relevant supporting documentation (section 9)
- not currently at, or after termination of, after 1 January 2016, an Australian Government-sponsored scholarship and / or alliance (awarded directly to recipients by the Australian Government).
- • not apply for a department in which they have completed an Endeavor Scholarship or fellowship.
How to apply
The steps required to apply for an Endeavor Scholarship or fellowship
step 1 . Read these instructions and the Frequently Asked Questions
understand the program and what is required for an application.
step 2 . Review and ensure that minimum merit requirements are met (section 5).
step 3 . Read the terms and conditions (see example example). If an Endeavor Scholarship or fellowship is offered,
the recipient must agree to the terms and conditions and accept it within seven days. If the offer is not accepted
within this time, the offer may be withdrawn.
step 4 . Once the application period is open, applications can be started by registering on Endeavor Online.
Step 5. To be considered for more than one scholarship or fellowship an applicant must submit an individual
application for each category.
step 6 . Note the unique request ID for future use in any communication with the department.
step 7 . Complete responses to the selection criteria (section 6) and upload supporting documents (section 9).
step 8 . Complete and submit an application. Once a request has been successfully submitted, send an automated email
acknowledging receipt of the request to an email address. Once an application has
been submitted, further changes (including documents) can be insane.
Key dates for 2018 round *
April 2017 Applications for Endeavor Scholarships and Trusts open.
Applicants apply via Endeavor Online
30 June 2017 (11.59 pm) Applications close
July – October 2017 Applications listed and evaluated
November 2017 Recommendations made to the Minister for Education and Training,
The General Reverend Simon Birmingham
December 2017 Successful and unsuccessful applicants will receive an email regarding the outcome of their
December 2017 Successful recipients complete and return required documents
January – November 2018 Recipients will start on the program