Many men ask me what they should expect if they first visit the barber shop san diego for a beard trim. For the uninitiated, that can be a touch intimidating. Our beards are our pride and joy! You don’t want to risk someone messing that up. I could cope with a bad haircut, but a bad beard trim? Certainly not!
But first, a few methods for those new to beards.
- Your beard grows on a typical one-half inch per month. Let your beard develop for at least 3-4 weeks when you trim it. This enables you to observe your manly mane fill in. Resist the urge to trim at this time. It may be found in patchy or thin places. Don’t panic or sell yourself short. Give your beard enough time. It needs to mature. Also, during this period, your scruff may begin itching. The easiest way to lessen that discomfort is by using a daily facial + beard moisturizer. Reduced beard oil is a great second option. A quality beard balm may also help in keeping your mane in check and well-conditioned.
- All barbers aren’t created equal. With the increasing reputation of beards comes an increasing amount of shops giving mustache trims. Be selective. The easiest way to discover a quality beard barber is always to ask someone with a well-maintained beard. This is a friend, or simply a stranger on the road with a glorious beard. Don’t be shy. We are accustomed to people complimenting us on our beards, and we’re always willing to help a fresh person in the tribe greatly.
- Visiting an accomplished barber is helpful even although you keep your mustache on the shorter side. They can help shape your beard producing a balanced and more proportional look.
It’s time to see the barber. Here are a few “must ask” questions wanted to us by a master beard barber:
- What’re the different style possibilities for my beard?
Most of us grow various kinds of beards. Beards run the gambit from heavy and whole to slim and sparse. Particular styles are better with various kinds of growth. Embrace what your father gave you!
- Just how long can I grow it while still keeping it professional?
The various areas of the country define “professionalism” in different ways. Your barber may have recommended the area definition of professionalism.
- How can I know where to help keep my shave line around my jaw?
Once you smile, your beard shouldn’t rise over your jawline. Your barber will allow you to determine that area.
- What cut product is most beneficial to use to keep up clear lines on my neck and cheeks steadfastly?
If you are going full mountain man, you should shave areas of your face and neck. There are several amazing shaving products in the marketplace these days…or so I’m told.
- What direction is most beneficial to comb my beard?
The various parts of your beard grow in different directions. If you opt for a particular style, it may be essential to “train” your beard to begin falling in a particular direction. This can also help define the shape of your beard.