Getting a visa has been a hard job for a time unknown. What makes things even messy is the fact that people do not have much knowledge about visas, their requirements and categories. You need to understand in what category you fall. But, in case you are here to know what are the eligibility criteria for a dependent visa or whether you are eligible for it you are just at the right place. You are about to get the right idea about UK dependent visa requirements.
What is a Dependent Visa?
If the term dependent visa is alien to you then you must read along. It is a sort of visa that allows you to accompany your family member, unmarried or civil partner who is already living in the UK or has been granted a visa for the same. Do you think that you fall in this category? If yes, then you need to know more about the eligibility criteria for this visa.
Your family member or civil partner needs to have visas granted in the work category that includes Temporary Worker, Worker Routes, Representatives of overseas business, Innovators, Global Talent Migrants and much more. This also includes the visas that were granted on the grounds of UK ancestry.
If you are looking for ways to enhance your chances of getting a dependent visa you can consult the best immigration solicitors. They can help you get the right information and advice on the same aspect to maximise your chances of getting a dependent visa.
The Eligibility Criteria for Dependent Visa
You must go through the eligibility criteria. This will help you save your money as well as your energy. Here are the criteria that you need to keep in mind before applying for this visa –
- You need to be a dependant family member of any qualifying migrant.
- If you are an unmarried or same-sex partner, husband, wife or civil partner, or a child who is under 18 years of age at the time of the application of a qualifying migrant, only then will you be a dependent family member.
If you want to get a dependent visa as a partner or spouse, you need to be the partner or spouse of a person who is –
- Applying for the visa of the UK at the same time as you are applying for a dependent visa.
- Or is in the UK on a similar or relevant visa.
In the case of a same-sex couple or unmarried couple, they need to show and prove that they have been in a genuine relationship for the past two years and are akin to marriage.
In the case of children, here are some requirements that they must go through –
- Both parents are in the UK and the child is applying for a visa to join them there.
- Parents of the child or children are applying for entry clearance at the same time as the child or children is applying for a dependent visa.
- One of the parents is already in the UK and the other parent is applying for the dependent visa along with the child or children to join another parent there.
In the case of children with a sole parent –
- The parent living in the UK is the only parent surviving.
- The parent living in the UK has the sole responsibility for the upbringing of the child or children.
- There is a solid reason for the children or child to apply for a dependent visa to join the only parent living in the UK.
Other than the criteria mentioned above, it is highly impossible to get a dependent visa. No other family member can apply as a dependent. However, you can follow immigration news to know more.
However, there is another visa category that you can give a try to get a visa to the UK. You would just require to have complete knowledge about the eligibility criteria.
If you have more legal blog than you can write for us legal